Magali is an animation producer and director, experienced in 2D and 3D animation.
After a short period as an animator, she joined the production team at Encantos Media to develop and produce 50+ bilingual nursery rhymes in animated videos for the preschool show Canticos aired on Nick Jr and YouTube, for a span of 3 seasons. In addition to production, during different stages of the project she was involved in writing, translating (Spanish to English and viceversa) storyboarding and directing.
In 2021 she joined the Coming Together team at Sesame Workshop, producing a series of shorts for Sesame Street's YouTube channel, that touch on Social Justice curriculum points for 4-7 year olds. This includes a music video for Kwanzaa, a short series called The Power of We Club, and other music videos.
She continues her work at Sesame Workshop as a producer for the 3D animated mini series adaptation of E.B. White's Charlotte's Web, to be aired on Max at a TBD date.
Born and raised in Michoacán, Mexico, she holds an MFA in Animation and Motion Arts from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, and a BFA in Animation and Digital Arts from Tec de Monterrey in Mexico. She occasionally returns to Pratt as a visiting instructor in the Digital Arts Department, and has also taught other animation classes at Bloomfield College in NJ.
Currently living in New York City with her husband Jeremiah, she's an avid knitter and vintage fashion enthusiast.
2022 - 2024
New York, NY
Producing 3 X 44 episodes for the 3D animated mini series adaptation of E.B. White's Charlotte's Web, to be aired on Max at a TBD date
Several Production Roles & Animation Director
● Ongoing animated short videos for Canticos Youtube Channel, production, content calendar & content creation.
● Canticos Bilingual App: Coordinating communication & timelines.
● Ongoing animation projects for marketing and growth team.
● Overseeing communication & timelines with in-house artists.
● Leading production calendar, pipeline and budget.
● Closely supervising the animation team.
● Storyboard supervision and revisions.
● Leading recording sessions, casting and direction.
2021 - 2022
New York, NY
Producing a series of animated shorts for the
Coming Together innitative including
6 Music Videos
6 Animated Shorts "The Power of We Club"
Kwanzaa and Pride music videos
2022 - present
Visiting instructor in the Digital Arts Department, classes include:
Taught in the Creative Arts and Technology Department.
● Advanced 3D animation (Rigging in Maya)
● Character design
● Creating a Portfolio